Thursday, 5 February 2009

New Beginnings

Hello World.

By typing these two words I have taken the first monumental step toward the pursuit of passion in my life. Lord Byron once said: “Passion is the element in which we live; without it, we hardly vegetate.” I must ask this question, albeit rhetorically – could you find joy in the promotion of products for a construction materials corporation?

No. Me neither. Firstly I have a house to build. Next, it’s the question as to whether we can afford to shake off my accidental security blanket and continue to live in this astonishing and inspirational place, or if it’s back to the bottom rung to try and begin to steer life in a more fulfilling direction. Either way I intend to document it right here. This is my self-flagellation, the whip in which to lash some sense of motivation out of this otherwise apathetic being.

It seems like everyone is able to push their life in some sort of reasonable direction by either having known from an early age exactly what they wanted, or simply having the confidence to not only pursue their dreams, but to know that they are genuinely good at what they do. I am slowly willing myself toward changing my mindset. When someone asks me what I do, I’m no longer a marketing manager for construction materials, I am a writer. I am a writer.

So if it interests or pleases anyone to witness how I attempt to release myself from this unintentional detritus, please join me on this journey to launch myself as a freelance copywriter. I will document new works as well as my learning along the way. Top this off with a light dusting of fun and brain-sick and you get me. I’m currently terrified, but I am a writer. I’m going to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment